Paternity FAQs - Family Court Direct
family court direct min new 1

Get More Information
(888) 274 1440

Family law can be complicated.
We’re here to help

Experienced, Reliable and Effective

We Can Help You!

You qualify for an evaluation
Simply Fill out the form below to get your evaluation form one of our case coordinates
Please choose a username.
Please choose a username.
Please choose a username.

Please choose a username.

Safe, Secure and No Obligation

Consent: By clicking “Get Legal Help”, I am providing my express written consent to receive auto dialed and/or pre-recorded telemarketing calls and/or text messages from Family Court Direct and/or our partners in order to solicit, facilitate, and complete transactions and/or service offerings at the telephone number I provided. I give my consent to be called even if my number appears on any state, federal or corporate Do Not Call registry, and I understand that consent is not required to purchase goods or services and that message & data rates may apply.

Paternity FAQs

Q: Can a parentage case be started while the mother is still pregnant before the baby is born?

A: YES. The mother can open a case when she is still pregnant.

Q: Can I get child support if I am not sure who is the child’s other biological parent?

A: No. Paternity must be established before child support can be ordered.

Q: What if the child’s other biological parent leaves the state before paternity is established?

A:  An action for paternity can be filed in the state where the child resides. If parentage is established without the alleged other parent’s participation, the court may order child support regardless of where the parent currently resides.