Requesting Child Support - Family Court Direct
family court direct min new 1

Get More Information
(888) 274 1440

Family law can be complicated.
We’re here to help

Experienced, Reliable and Effective

We Can Help You!

You qualify for an evaluation
Simply Fill out the form below to get your evaluation form one of our case coordinates
Please choose a username.
Please choose a username.
Please choose a username.

Please choose a username.

Safe, Secure and No Obligation

Consent: By clicking “Get Legal Help”, I am providing my express written consent to receive auto dialed and/or pre-recorded telemarketing calls and/or text messages from Family Court Direct and/or our partners in order to solicit, facilitate, and complete transactions and/or service offerings at the telephone number I provided. I give my consent to be called even if my number appears on any state, federal or corporate Do Not Call registry, and I understand that consent is not required to purchase goods or services and that message & data rates may apply.

Requesting Child Support

In order to request a child support order from the court, you must already have a current family court case or be initiating a family court case. Generally speaking, child support orders can be issued as part of divorce proceeds, paternity proceedings, and – in some cases, as part of Domestic Violence Restraining Orders.

If you are already a party in an ongoing family court case, then you can include your child support request in your initial petition, or as a follow-up request prior to finalization of your case.  If your family court case has already reached resolution, you can ask for a modification of the final orders at any time.

If you do not currently have an open case in front of the family court, you can request child support as part of your initial divorce or paternity petition, or as party of a Domestic Violence Restraining Order request.  In some cases, the courts will issue child support orders while a case is still ongoing, and those orders can also be modified as the case proceeds pending a change in circumstances or if additional information is provided to the courts.

If you and the other parent can come to an agreement regarding child support, you may submit your agreement to the court as part of a Stipulation for Child Support.  The court will take your request into account, and will most likely agree to your stipulation as long as the child support request can adequately provide for the care and wellbeing of the child.